Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mommy Moments - Here Comes the Baby


The day my precious princess came would probably be the most memorable day of my life.

She was supposed to come out January 8, 2007 but she came as an early Christmas gift. I was scheduled for a prenatal on December 20 and after my doctor did the routine check, she said everything is okay and I should already expect and prepare for her after Christmas. 

Happy that everything was fine, my husband and I celebrated! We had a Mongolian lunch! I think I ate too much and drank too much iced tea (something I didn't usually do during the whole pregnancy because I was too cautious) We then went to the mall and my husband had a sudden urge of buying new shoes. Big bulky me tagged along as we looked for shoes for the King! After finding the right pair, we went home, but later that afternoon, my sister-in-law told my husband that she has already  bought Christmas presents for everyone. We haven't bought a single gift! We headed back to the mall to shop for gifts 'til the shops closed. I was so exhausted that day but was extremely happy. 

I woke up 2am the next day 'coz I felt something strange. My waterbag broke! I woke my husband up and he did not know what to do. He was not sure if he's going to start the car or would just stay with me! Except for some watery stuff coming out ... I was actually okay. There was no pain at all! I managed to get dressed and get the "bag" (prepared by my excited mom-in-law a.k.a first time grandma)

While driving he was so worried because I don't feel pain. He said I should feel labor pains if I'm about to deliver a baby! That's really strange --- why would he wish me PAIN! Luckily, my nervous husband was able to drive me to the hospital. And the good news --- they said that she's coming .... 

At around 5am ... my in-laws were in the hospital. I was still pain free! My doctor checked me around 9am. I started to feel tinee tiny pain which I pass to my husband by pinching his hand! It was only until 10 am that I started to feel PAIN  .... real PAIN ... but the owner of the hand I'm pinching was nowhere in sight! I was only left with my mom-in-law ... I wished my mom was there but she can't come immediately 'coz she lives in another town. The PAIN continued until around noon ... 

At around 1 pm ... I was ushered to the delivery room ... I walked!!!! My doctor then arrived around 2pm ... the princess is really COMING ... after a few big pushes .... one white princess was placed on top of my belly ... it was around 2:31pm! 

And my life was changed since then ...

Here are photos of her arrival ....

The princess at 2 hours old!
The princess with mama queen and papa king!


Home@ last!

With proud first time grandparents!
Here's a fairy tale version of her arrival 
 


Check out how other princes and princesses arrived here ...

mommy moments


7 comments:

  1. What an interesting story of labor. Your princess is so adorable. My MM entry is up too! BTW, come join us at Messy Go Round . Thanks and see you around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i wish i could experience normal delivery, i had a C section. And i doesn't even experience labor. My son is a transverse baby so i don't have a choice. Btw, thanks for visiting! :)

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so cute baby:) mine is up too.. see yah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. our babies came out a few days apart pala :) happy mommy moments ha.. i am sure these are memories, we will never forget! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giving birth to our precious children is really a memorable experience for us moms, truly unforgettable. I hope you can visit my entry, too. Thanks! http://www.pensivethoughts.com/2011/05/mommy-moments-here-comes-the-baby.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. we're the same, my water bag broke in my sleep too, but you are right the feeling is so strange and i can't believe how im able to hold in all that water in my belly... well, its always nice to reminisce

    Have a great week fellow awesome mom and hope you have a look at my MM entry as well.
    I Love Darly!
    Food and Passion

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute little baby! this is the miracle of life.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank You!